Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Could this be nail fungus?

I've worn acrylic nails for over a year, but a couple months ago I noticed my middle nail was bright yellow and so was the skin under my nail (where you clean your nails). ive never remembered my nail was like that because polish was always covering it. Well a couple days ago I went to the shop and while the guy was taking my nails off 3 of my nails were bright yellow. And my middle finger, the line that seperates the white from the pink is indented on the side, like something poked it but nothing did. 2 days have gone by and all 5 of my right hands are yellow and so a a few on my left as well as the SKIN around it. Now thats the issue, normally It would look like I dipped my hand in something since my skin is yellow around the nail as well but I dont think so because its spreading from nail to nail. So my question is, are their any fungus's that make your nail bright yellow as well as the skin around it and under it? btw, theres no peeling, pain or thickening just this yellow stain.Could this be nail fungus?
What you have described could certainly be a nail fungus. When you place artificial nails over your own it is an open invitation for fungus and bacteria to grow between the two layers. Any warm, damp area can grow fungus.


Nail fungus is often very difficult to eliminate. There are topical nail fungus medications available over-the-counter which MIGHT work for you. I would call a halt to any false nail usage until this condition is eliminated. If it is a fungus, you could have it for life.


If all else fails, see an MD. There are also oral fungal medications you can get to cure fungal infections which may have progressed into your blood stream.Could this be nail fungus?
It sounds like you do indeed have nail fungus. You can get this stuff to paint on your nails that will kill it but it takes a while. Don't wear any fake nails for a while. They need to breathe.
I would go to the doctor just in case..good luck!
  • skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment